Why should I undergo for a Hysteroscopy?
- A Hysteroscopy will detect the diseases and changes of the uterus.
- A Hysteroscopy might be necessary to investigate the cause of abnormal bleeding, or pathological findings in sonography or blood tests.
- Sometimes a Hysteroscopy is needed to remove endometrial polyps or myamo and intrauterine devices.
What is a Hysteroscopy?
During a Hysteroscopy a SALAMTK doctor examines the inside part of the uterus with a tube which is inserted through the vagina. This medical procedure is used to inspect the changes in the uterus mucosa, such as inflammations or tumors. If changes are detected and suspected to be harmful our doctor will take tissue samples during the Hysteroscopy for further laboratory tests.
Which diseases can be detected and/or prevented?
- Causes of abnormal bleedings
- Uterine adhesions
- Non cancerous tumors (polyps and fibroids)
- Congenital uterine abnormalities