Heart attack is the most common cause of deaths from cardiovascular conditions.
Cardiovascular condition (or cardiovascular disease) is the diseases ofthe heart and/or blood vessels. It is not solely heart attack. Some cardiovascular conditions are include:
▪ Heart failure.
▪ Coronary artery disease (CAD).
▪ Aortic disease, Stroke and peripheral arterial disease.
There are many treatments for cardiovascular conditions and sure the treatment is the same for both men and women, but each kind of treatment is specifically designed to one cardiovascular disease. The different treatments for cardiovascular conditions are:
▪ Bypass surgery and catheter ablation.
▪ Aortic surgery, vascular surgery and stroke management
▪ Rehabilitation and cardiac rehabilitation.
Aside from these managements and procedures, will be additional cardiovascular treatments include medications and lifestyle changes, for example like healthier nutrition with less fat and less cholesterol, increase of activity level). All of these treatments sure will help to control the symptoms and also can lessen further problems or complications.
WHEN ARE TREATMENTS FOR CARDIOVASCULAR CONDITIONS PERFORMED?
The treatments for all cardiovascular conditions are prescribed by SALAMTK cardiologist and will be specially designed to the individual condition. The treatment may comprise medications only or involve certain surgical procedures. If you are a candidate for heart surgery, you should ask SALAMTK cardiologist about the benefits and risks of the surgery and about what you should expect after the procedure, sure our cardiologist will answer all your questions.
Life after a heart attack can be challenging. Sure we don’t want it to happen again.
HOW ARE TREATMENTS FOR CARDIOVASCULAR CONDITIONS PERFORMED?
Although all treatments for cardiovascular disease have the same goal but their procedures are different, for example:
▪ For individuals with arrhythmia, catheter ablation is the choice of treatment. Catheter ablation (also called radiofrequency ablation) which uses radiofrequency energy that will destroy and stop the spot of the heart’s tissue or the tiny area where the irregular heartbeats occur. Once the tissue is destroyed, then the heart will go back to its normal rhythm.
▪ With heart bypass surgery, its a new way or route is formed to able the blood and oxygen to reach the heart. This procedure can be performed through an open heart surgery either while the heart is beating or while the heart beat is stopped. In this type of bypass surgery on a beating heart its also called off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB). In the latter stage the patient will be connected to a bypass pump or a heart-lung bypass machine. This machine will act like a heart during surgery while the heart stopped beating. Both type of heart bypass surgery is performed if a person has already a blockage in one or more of the coronary arteries.
▪ The vascular disease (which is lymphatic system and blood vessels) are treated with vascular and endovascular surgery. The choice of treatment or surgery depends on the underlying problem which could be a minimally invasive procedure or surgery. Some of these surgeries are:
- Stent grafts or balloon angioplasty.
- Endovenous laser therapy and carotid endarterectomy.
- Aortic surgery is a procedure performed for problems of the aorta (like aortic aneurysm).
▪ Stroke on the other hand totally requires a different approach in terms and steps of treatment. When a person is having a stroke, he/she should have direct a medical attention right away to minimize the effects , complications and avoid death. Medications are used to clear the blood flow in the arteries but in some cases surgery procedures (such as stents and carotid endarterectomy) can be also needed to remove a clot or bleeding in an artery. After all the medical procedures, patients undergo rehabilitation to manage and control the short and long term effects of their condition.
BENEFITS OF TREATMENTS FOR CARDIOVASCULAR CONDITIONS:
- Improve the blood flow to the heart.
- Reduced the risk of heart attack.
- Chest pain (angina pectoris) is lessened and/or gone.
- Increase the ability for physical activity.
TREATMENTS FOR CARDIOVASCULAR CONDITIONS IN Europe & U.S:
SALAMTK hospitals un Europe & U.S has been a top caliber in terms of cardiovascular disease treatments. Our hospitals use advanced medical approaches and procedures and state of the art medical equipment. For sure also our hospitals offers comprehensive cardiovascular disease diagnostics and treatment options. Our healthcare practitioners have big experience and expertise in diagnosing and treating cardiovascular cases and conditions. Even if you have a complicated and dangerous condition, sure you will be taken good care of by the specialists in our hospitals.
The treatments for the different cardiovascular diseases in our hospitals are:
- Stent implantation (for vascular diseases of the heart and peripheral arterial beds).
- Catheter ablation.
- Aortic valve implantation.
- Heart valve replacement.
- Pacemaker placements.
- Heart transplants, artificial heart operations and bypass surgery to name a few.
Cardiac surgeons in SALAMTK hospitals are professional and specialized in minimally invasive surgery (small incision surgery) that can speed up the healing process and recovery of the patient.
The heart of an adult or even for child is in good hands in Europe and US.